Did you know the University of the Highlands and Islands plays a major role in creating, developing, and delivering globally significant health and life sciences innovations? Their vision is to deliver innovation, knowledge exchange, and commercialization activity that facilitates the creation of new companies and products, promotes economic growth, and transforms health and social care outcomes.
Recent projects include:
- the licensing of an anti-cancer immunotherapy to a Chinese pharmaceutical partner (recognized as one of four national ‘Deal of the Year’ finalists at the annual PraxisAuril KE Awards)
- the initiation of new partnerships with Scottish SMEs including Aseptium, Cognihealth, and Scottish Vet Referrals
- the development of new clinical initiatives in cardiology and respiratory medicine to help evaluate digital healthcare technologies with NHS Highland
Your donation will be used to support clinically important research studies, enable academic researchers to pursue their innovative ideas, and encourage students and staff to build commercially viable health and life sciences products, services, and businesses.
The Healthcare Innovation Fund gives you the opportunity to help the university continue developing these world-class opportunities.
- $1,000 could support a research student to gain valuable training in health and life sciences entrepreneurship
- $5,000 could provide match funding towards a proof of concept research study
- $15,000 could fund a project from concept to prototype